Our Approach & Track Record
We are the top rated premium employment law boutique for businesses in the UK, working with a wide range of clients both domestically and internationally. As part of Littler, the largest employment law practice in the world, we can provide a single source solution to our clients' global employment law needs. Littler has more than 1,300 lawyers in over 75 offices worldwide and is consistently recognised as a leading and innovative provider of international employment law services. You can find out more about the full experience and expertise of the Littler international practice in this brochure or on the website.
What makes us different?
- Experience. Our team has worked on some of the most high-profile and complex international projects across a large number of countries. In the last year, our team assisted clients with their HR needs in over 70 different countries
- High quality. Being part of Littler and having strong relationships with a hand-selected team of international lawyers enables us to deliver the best results.
- Pragmatic. We tell you what you really need to know, without excessive detail.
- One stop. Leave your international project to us – we will take care of it in whatever countries you need, including managing your budget for you.
We also help overseas businesses that are making inward investments into the UK. Our team have been involved in establishing the UK offices of some of the world’s best-known companies.
Our team’s experience
- An international banking and financial services company’s purchase of a large Dutch bank and subsequent integration in 53 countries.
- Advising the joint administrators of a global investment bank across EMEA involving employment and insolvency laws of 35 countries.
- The spin-out and separate initial public offering of a medical technology company from a leading personal care corporation in 13 countries.
- Implementation by a listed global technology company of a new global strategy, resulting in a series of overlapping redundancy exercises in multiple countries.
- Advising on the HR aspects of global expat assignments between 35 different countries.
- Advising a US client on the forced relocation of an Australian expat employee from the US, and of a Dutch expat from Australia.
- Advising on a multi-billion pound UK/South African court dispute.
- Managing 17 current litigation matters for a single client in the Middle East.
- Litigating a team move in South Africa.
- Advising a Fortune 500 senior executive subject to employer indemnity on his high profile move together with his long-term incentive plan forfeiture provisions and preparing for litigation in UK and US.
- Advising on a large industrial dispute in the Middle East, including managing a team of local lawyers.
Multinationals in the UK
- Advising a leading social network on set up of UK office including creating standard form contracts of employment, secondment documentation, immigration issues, tax equalisation and equity incentive plans.
- Advising a car club on set up in the UK including creating standard form documentation.
- Advising a US listed company on disciplinary action taken against UK executive team following misreporting of results.
- Acting as de facto UK HR director to fashion brand’s UK operations.