Our Approach & Track Record
We are the top rated premium employment law boutique for employers in the UK.
Our team provides training on the full range of employment law issues.
We take the time to understand your business and your risk profile so that we can match our training to your needs, particularly your attitude to risk.
We take a proactive approach to your training needs, keeping abreast of legal developments and highlighting sessions that we think may be useful to run. We don’t wait for you to tell us what you want, we do the thinking for you.
Our training sessions are all designed to be practical and interactive and we often run sessions based on a case study so that our clients can understand legal concepts in a familiar context.
We regularly attend our client’s update meetings and will help train your junior members of staff.
Our team’s experience
Tailored interactive training sessions, usually based on practical case studies.
Recent masterclasses include:
- Without prejudice and pre-termination discussions
- Employment issues on corporate transactions
- TUPE for HR
- Data protection for HR
- Responding to data subject access requests
- Settlement agreements
- Half-day workshop which prepares witnesses for giving evidence in the High Court/Employment Tribunal
- Insight into why businesses win and lose employment cases and how Judges decide the witness evidence
- How giving evidence works in practice?
- The job of a witness
- How to avoid being beaten up on cross-examination?
- Top tips that former witnesses wish they had known
- Practical experience of cross examination by a leading QC or barrister
Employment Law For Non-Employment Lawyers
2 hour whistle-stop tour for in-house lawyers covering the key concepts of employment law including:
- Statutory employment law e.g. notice, unfair and wrongful dismissal, discrimination, and whistleblowing
- Contractual employment law e.g. post-employment restrictions and garden leave, confidentiality, and fiduciary duties and the duty of fidelity
- Commercial employment law e.g. business sales/acquisitions, TUPE, and key warranties and indemnities
- Six-part interactive series aimed at Junior HR individuals covering the following topics:
- Hiring and firing
- Discrimination and whistleblowing
- Disciplinary, capability and grievances
- Managing sickness absence
- TUPE transfers and redundancies
- Family rights
- Drafting policies
- Five-part HR Academy for Associates at US Law Firms covering the following topics:
- Project Managing HR Issues on Deals
- Management Teams
- TUPE Masterclass
- Share Schemes on Deals
- Pensions on Deals